Terms & Conditions
Registration and Payment Procedure
- Places on each course are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- On some courses a limited number of places are available at reduced registration fees for students or members of certain veterinary associations. Student ID cards or valid proof of association membership will be inspected during registration on the first day of the course. Failure to provide a valid student ID card or proof of association membership will forfeit the attendee's right to a reduced registration fee and the attendee will be asked to pay the difference in order to attend the course as a fully fee-paying attendee.
- Registration for a specific course can be done by completion of the online registration form or by sending the completed printable (PDF) version of the form by post, fax, or email back to VetPD. By registering for a course, the attendee enters into a contractual agreement with VetPD and the attendee agrees to pay the course fee in full at the time of the booking by debit card / credit card or by bank transfer within a 10 calendar day time period.
- Course fees may also be paid by bank transfer. Payment must be made in the currency displayed in the VetPD e-mail / invoice and must be received by VetPD within 10 calendar days of registration. Any cancellation of a course registration by the attendee will incur a cancellation fee (please see section below), even if it occurs prior to VetPD receiving the registration fee. VetPD reserves the right to resell an attendee’s place if the registration fee has not been received within 10 calendar days from registration. Furthermore all payments must be received by VetPD at the latest by the registration deadline of the course for which the attendee registered. The registration fee does not include bank transfer fees and accommodation and attendees are responsible for such charges.
- All courses and fees are subject to EC VAT Directive 2006/112 and the appropriate UK VAT legislation – VAT will therefore normally be subject to the reverse charge procedure in the country of receipt.
- If payment is not received in full by the registration deadline for the course for which the attendee registered, a surcharge of 15% will be added to the course fee or £50, whichever is greater, without notice. Any outstanding amount will be subject to interest at 2% per calendar month (compounded monthly), until the amount is paid in full.
- If an attendee registers at an Early Booking Price but fails to transfer the full amount to VetPD before the course takes place, the Early Booking Price will be forfeited and the attendee will be asked to pay the Regular Booking Price in cash or by credit card at the time of the course.
- Should legal proceedings be required to collect outstanding balances from an attendee, the attendee agrees to indemnify VetPD for all legal fees and expenses incurred.
- Once a fully completed registration form and payment in full have been received by VetPD, the registration process will be complete. VetPD will subsequently confirm the booking in writing to the attendee by e-mail, fax or post.
- VetPD cannot be held responsible for the attendee’s spam filters blocking the VetPD registration confirmation emails and other VetPD communications. It is the attendee’s responsibility to configure their spam filters to allow emails from VetPD (firstname.lastname@example.org) into their inbox.
- Attendees must ensure that VetPD is notified of any changes in their contact details. VetPD cannot be held responsible for non-notification of course changes if up-to-date attendee details have not been provided.
- VetPD pledges to protect the privacy of all website users and attendees registering for courses. All personal details will be used exclusively by VetPD and its Partners, mainly for registration purposes and to notify users of future courses but none of these details will be passed on to other third parties. This does not apply to information that might be lawfully required by any public body.
Cancellations / Course Changes
- Booked places can be transferred to another person, at no extra charge. It is the originally registered attendee’s responsibility to inform VetPD of such a transfer of the booking in writing.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and to be received by VetPD at 3 Victoria Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3SG, UK or by e-mail at email@example.com. For all course held in North America, cancellations must be made in writing and to be received at PO Box 951832, Lake Mary, FL 32795, USA or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all course held in Australia, New Zealand & Asia, cancellations must be made in writing and to be received at 56 Curlew Terrace, River Heads 4655, Queensland, Australia or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to the start of the course: A full refund will be made less a 8% administrative charge.
Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, however if there is a waiting list for the course then VetPD will make every effort to resell the place to an individual on the waiting list and an administrative fee of 12% will be charged. If there is no waiting list for the course then no refund will be given; the course space can however be transferred to another veterinarian free of charge.
- VetPD reserves the right, under exceptional circumstances, to alter course programs, dates, venues and speakers, should this be required. VetPD will give maximum notice possible to attendees. In the event of a cancellation of a course by VetPD, course fees will be refunded in full. VetPD will however not be liable for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by attendees.
- Attendees must ensure that they have appropriate insurance cover in place to cover all public/general, personal and professional liability risks and risks of injury, particularly bearing in mind that most courses involve practical sessions with live animals and specimens.
- All speakers / instructors used by VetPD are suitably experienced in their subject. Speakers are responsible for the accuracy and correctness of information presented and for adherence to copyright law. VetPD cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors which may arise in either the spoken or written word or for copyright law violations.
- Attendees are provided with an electronic version of the course notes (PDF) approximately one week prior to the course. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution of the course notes in whole or in part in any medium requires the explicit written consent by the author(s) of the course notes and by VetPD. The attendee agrees to respect and adhere to UK/US copyright law.
- The attendee gives permission to VetPD to take photographs during the course, which may be used on the VetPD website, in course announcement e-mails or VetPD brochures.
- Attendees give permission to VetPD using any of the written feedback that the attendees list in their feedback form, anonymously (without name) on the VetPD website, in course announcement e-mails or VetPD leaflets. VetPD reserves the right to contact attendees to ask for permission to use the attendee’s feedback in conjunction with the attendee’s name, practice name, town and country of residence.
- By completing the online or printed registration form, the attendee acknowledges to have read the general and course-specific terms and conditions and to be aware of being subject to the above cancellation policies.
- This contract is subject to and to be interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales for attendees registering for all courses, including the ones held in North America.
- The attendee irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the agreement between VetPD and the registered attendee or involving its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).